1. Paint trim same as wall if you live in a traditional house but want to have a modern look:- this brings attention to the form of the architectural details-
2. Have less contrast between wall and trim for a more peaceful feeling.
4.Start with buying art/ or identifying an item you love in the house- then proceed to create a backdrop for it- the art piece is the star of the show, not the walls.- As Don has done here :)
5. If you are going to do white walls/white trim in your home , take a leap on getting strong pieces of furnitures and mixing textures.
6. Be brave! Choose the actual color you like on the paint strip. If you go up the wheel to the lightest version you will not be satisfied with the result- If you are not feeling brave enough to paint this rich color- go ahead and paint the walls a neutral or warm white and buy your furniture in the color you love-
7. Paint your ceiling! It’s an accent wall!- come down one wall with it also!- you will always enjoy seeing this transition- particularly in bedrooms- the “one wall” accent color falls flat because you are not surrounded by the color-